- Today's Menus
- Student Dining Room
- The Commons
- Joe's Coffee Shop
- Accepted Payment Methods
- Student Employment Positions
- Meal Exemptions and Special Diets
- Gift Cards and Care Packages
- Contact Us
- Vending Machine Report Form
As an important part of community and fellowship at Moody Bible Institute, meal plans are required for all undergraduate students living in the Houghton, Smith, Culbertson and Dryer dorms.
Meal Plan FAQs
Why is the meal plan required?
The requirement of the meal plan for on-campus Chicago students is twofold:
- Since Moody Bible Institute offers a tuition-paid education (Chicago), we are not able to make the meal plan an optional element for the on-campus student experience.
- The community and fellowship that exists within the Student Dining Room are impossible to duplicate in any other setting. It is strongly encouraged for those who are not required to use the meal plan still participate in the SDR meals.
Which meal plan should I choose?
Who do I contact about changing/purchasing meal plans?
The Dining Services Office can be reached at (312) 329-4324 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes to already purchased plans must be made by the end of the second week of classes each semester.
What if I have a special diet?
A Dietary Accommodations Application can be submitted to the Office of Student Resources. To request an aplication contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions to complete the application are in the Dietary Accommodations section.
When does the week begin and end for the weekly meal plans?
The 20-, 15-, and 10-meal plans all start their counts on Sunday morning and end on Saturday night.
What if I miss a meal?
All students registered on the meal plan are allowed to replace missed meals with a meal replacement in The Commons during a general meal replacement time of Monday-Friday from 1:45PM-4:00PM. If you are still unable to receive a meal within this time frame, email email@example.com to ask for a Meal Replacement Card Request form for approval outside of the general time.
Learn more about meal replacements
Menus By Date