- Today's Menus
- Student Dining Room
- The Commons
- Joe's Coffee Shop
- Accepted Payment Methods
- Student Employment Positions
- Meal Exemptions and Special Diets
- Gift Cards and Care Packages
- Contact Us
- Vending Machine Report Form
How to Book a Catering Event
What Catering Needs to Know
To help us plan your event, please consider the following:
- Has Event and Guest Services been contacted? (recommended for events needing services from multiple departments)
- What is your budget?
- What would you like to accomplish?
- Is there a theme or specific décor you want?
- How many will be in attendance?
- Where do you want to hold the event? (see our venue options)
- When will the event start and finish?
- Are there any special dietary needs?
- Has Facilities been contacted for an event set-up?
- Use the Event Request Form to host an event that includes Dining Services catered food.
- Use the Room Rental Form to rent a Catering room without using Dining Services catered food.
- Use the Coffee Supply Order Form to order coffee supplies for your department.
- Use the Edwardo’s Order Form to order pizza with the Moody discount.
- Use the Equipment Rental Request Form if you would like to borrow equipment or linens.
While we make every effort to accommodate the needs of the campus community, it is recommended that you place your order as early as possible. A minimum of five business days’ notice is required for full-service events to ensure you receive proper staffing and service. Last minute requests for service will be at the discretion of the Catering Manager based on the availability of resources; a $25 late fee will be charged.
In order to serve you, Catering requires that you provide the final guest count three business days prior to the event. Increases to the final guest count must be approved by the Catering Manager in order to confirm that the additional guests can be accommodated. Since all of the food for finalized events have been purchased, any decrease to the final guest count will not decrease the number of guests charged for the event.
Guest count increase:
If the number of guests increases within three days prior to the event, Catering may not provide food and service for the excess number of guests.
Guest count decrease:
If the number of guests decreases within three days prior to the event, Catering will charge the client for the full guest count and will provide food and service for the lesser number only. Similarly, a decreased attendance the day of an event will not reduce the billed guest count.
All event cancellations must be made at least one day prior to the event and are subject to a 50 percent cancellation fee. Events cancelled the day of the event will be billed in full to the client.
Food and Beverages
Due to City of Chicago Health code, food left over from an event cannot be removed from the room, and food from outside Dining Services cannot be brought into the room.
Facilities and Arrangements
Catering is responsible for food preparation and service only. This does not include contacting Facilities for table provision and arrangement, parking arrangements, room rentals (with the exception of Northfield, Kimball, Varley and Sankey), or other needed services. Catering will not be held responsible for tables, parking, room requisitions and other arrangements should the client fail to arrange prior to event. However, planning events through EGS will limit the risk of missing logistical details.
Some exceptions may be made for decorations. For further information on what Catering can arrange, please contact the office at 312-329-4430. Catering strongly encourages the client to arrange all events through Event and Guest Services.
The client assumes full responsibility for making the above arrangements either on their own or through Event and Guest Services (recommended).