- Today's Menus
- Student Dining Room
- The Commons
- Joe's Coffee Shop
- Accepted Payment Methods
- Student Employment Positions
- Meal Exemptions and Special Diets
- Gift Cards and Care Packages
- Contact Us
- Vending Machine Report Form
Catering Terms and Conditions
Statement of Client Responsibility
These terms and conditions shall apply to all events booked through the Moody Bible Institute Department of Catering (“MBI Catering” hereafter). The following terms and conditions are the responsibility of the booking party (“the client” hereafter), and by agreeing to this contract, you, the client, understand, accept and will adhere to the terms and conditions outlined below.
- All event requests must be submitted at least five business days prior to the event via the MBI Catering staff or website. Due to the nature of preparing for events, failure to comply with the submission process will jeopardize the client’s event. In order ensure best service at all events, MBI Catering may be forced to decline events submitted after the deadline. All approved late notice events will be subject to late fees.
- MBI Catering is not responsible for any events not submitted according to MBI Catering Policies and Procedures.
- MBI Catering is responsible for food preparation and service only. This does not include contacting Facilities for table provision and arrangement, parking arrangement, room rentals (with the exception of Northfield, Kimball, Varley and Sankey), etc.
- Exceptions made for decoration. For further information on what MBI Catering can arrange, please contact the office at x4430. MBI Catering strongly encourages the client to arrange all events through Event and Guest Services.
- The client assumes full responsibility for making the above arrangements either on their own or through Event and Guest Services (recommended).
- MBI Catering will provide food and service only within the arrangements the client has already made, and that MBI Catering will not be held responsible for tables, parking, room requisition, etc. should the client fail to arrange these things prior.
- In order to serve you, MBI Catering requires the final guest count three business days prior to the event
- Increases to the final guest count will need to be approved by the Catering Manager in order to confirm that the additional guests can be accommodated.
- Since all of the food for finalized events have been purchased, any decrease to the final guest count will not decrease the number of guests charged for the event.
Guest count increase
If the number of guests increases within three days prior to the event, MBI Catering may not provide food and service for the excess number of guests.
Guest count decrease
If the number of guests decreases within three days prior to the event, MBI Catering will charge the client for the full guest count and will provide food and service for the lesser number only. Similarly, a decreased attendance the day of an event will not reduce the billed guest count.
- All event cancellations must be made at least one day prior to the event, and are subject to a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Events cancelled the day of the event will be billed in full to the client.
Food and Beverages
Buffets, Served Meals, Breaks, and Receptions:
Due to the City of Chicago Health code, food left over from an event cannot be removed from the room and outside food cannot be brought into the room.
Statement of Agreement:
I, the client, have read and understand the MBI Catering Policies and Procedures.