- Pre-Arrival Information
- F-1 Student Status
- International Student FAQs
Obtaining an Illinois State ID
Where to Apply
Secretary of State’s Office
100 West Randolph St. (Concourse level)
Chicago, IL 60601
The Secretary of State’s office is open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. The cost of the ID is $20.
What to Bring
Download the Acceptable Identification Documents information to see a listing of the documents you will need. Normally, the following are needed for international students applying for the Illinois State ID.
- Group A, Written Signature: Passport
- Group B, Date of Birth: U.S. Visa
- Group C, Social Security Number: Social Security Card or Non-SSA-1099 Form
- Group D, Residency: Letter on Official School Letterhead