Hosting a guest overnight?
In order to ensure a good experience for our students and any guests, please follow these guidelines:
- Register your overnight guest with Residence Life Desk Services at Culby, Houghton or Dryer desk.
- Make sure your guest carries a state or government ID for identification purposes during his or her stay.
- Host only people you know (family, friends, or guests of the Institute).
- You will be charged $10.00 per night (limited to staying 3 nights during a seven day period) per guest (limit two guests per room).
- Requests for extended stay must be approved by Residence Life. See the Assistant Dean of Residential Services. Approved extensions will incur a one-time $30 charge.
- No exceptions are granted for a stay of 7 nights or longer. The maximum number of nights a guest may stay is 6 nights.
- If you host a guest without filling out the Overnight Guest Form with Residence Life Desk Services, you will incur a minimum $50.00 fine.
You are responsible for your guests while they are on campus and for communicating MBI policies and procedures to them. We ask that guests comply with the MBI policies and procedures.
|1 night||2 nights||3 nights||4-6 nights*|
|No special approval needed||No special approval needed||No special approval needed||Special approval needed|
(*$10/night + $30 extention fee)
Can I have an off-campus student stay overnight?
Yes. However, off-campus students staying past 12 a.m. must fill out an Overnight Guest Form. Full-time, off-campus students may visit a student in their residence hall until 12 a.m.
Can overnight guests stay anytime?
Guests are not permitted to stay overnight during the following periods:
- Fall Finals and Winter Break - Sunday, December 9 through Sunday, January 14 (the first night a guest may stay is Tuesday, January 15).
- Founder's Week - Monday, February 4 through Saturday, February 9 (the first night a guest may stay is Sunday, February 10).
- Spring Break - Saturday, March 9 through Monday, March 25 (the first night a guest may stay is Tuesday, March 26).
- Spring Finals and Summer Break - Monday, May 6 through Sunday, August 18 (the first night a guest may stay is Monday, August 19).
|Period||Dates||Guests May Stay Overnight Starting:|
|Fall Finals and Winter Break||Sunday, December 9 through Sunday, January 14||January 15|
|Founder's Week||Monday, February 4 through Saturday, February 9||February 10|
|Spring Break||Saturday, March 9 through Monday, March 25||March 26|
|Spring Finals and Summer Break||Monday, May 6 through Sunday, August 18||August 19|
There is a $75.00 fine if you have an overnight guest during any of these times.