Services Offered During Office Hours
- Consultations with a licensed nurse
- Doctor Appointments
- Medical testing
- Common care items for sale
- Assistance in finding a doctor off campus
- Recovery from off-campus surgeries or emergencies (arranged through Health Service and your RS) some illnesses or surgeries may require you to recuperate at home rather than in the residence halls.
Physician Appointments for Students
Our available doctor is a Family Practice Physician. The physician sees students during the semester at Health Service by appointment only. Please contact health services for availability of hours of the physician.
- If forms will need to be filled out at the physician appointment, the student must bring those forms to Health Service at the time the appointment is made.
- The school physician is the only one who may write prescriptions.
Physician Appointment Fees and Payment
- Payment for services and supplies is due at the time of service. Payment may be made in cash, check, credit card or billed to the student's account.
- Doctor's appointments are $50–$90.
- Any required lab work is an additional fee.
- Health Service can only submit insurance claims to students on Moody's Health Insurance plan.
- The student is responsible for knowing and following the policies and procedures of their insurance plan.
- Blood pressure checks
- Assessment for illness
- Evaluation of work injury
- Travel vaccines
- Lab work
Call Health Services to set up an appointment, ext: 4417.
If your physician uses Quest, we can send to insurance company, and results can be sent to your physician directly.
Available Doctor Information
Sylveena E. Ali, D.O. graduated from University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, Mo. and completed her residency at University of Illinois/Ravenswood Family Practice. Dr. Ali has been in practice for 15 years and is board certified in Family Medicine and is a specialist in Emergency Medicine. She is married with two children.