All posters must be approved by the appropriate department before posting (see chart below).
- Posters placed in the residence hall elevators of Smith, Houghton, and Culbertson dorms do not require a stamp.
- Each poster must be no larger than 11x17.
- A limit of 10 posters can be approved per event or item and may be placed on bulletin boards or cork strips in the dorms and the tunnels or in the Houghton, Culby, Smith & Dryer elevators. Signs may only be posted in these designated areas (posters may not be posted in Crowell Library).
- Due to copyright laws, you are not able to post signs to sell video games or movies in any form of media.
- Please do not use staples on the bulletin boards as they are time-consuming to remove. Student Development has tacks for your use.
- Scotch tape or sticky tack may be used in the elevators (any other adhesives, i.e. duct tape, will be cause for removal of the poster without explanation to the individual who posted it).
- Do not cover up a current poster. If you find a poster for an event that has past or the stamped date is more than a month old, recycle it.
- Failure to have your sign approved or posting your signs on walls will result in it being taken down and discarded without notice.
Posting in Jenkins
- Posters may only be hung in Jenkins elevators. They must follow the same policies as above. Any unapproved poster or poster hung in a different location than the elevator will result in it being taken down and discarded without notice.
|Type of Poster||Description||What Department Approves?||Where is the Department?|
|General Signs||Services Offered, Recitals, Department Announcements and For Sale items||Student Development||Culbertson 2|
|Student Group Activities||Any official planned activity by a student group||Student Programs||ASC 2|
|Job Postings||Babysitting or otherwise||Career Development||Culbertson 2|
For questions about posting signs, please contact the Student Development office at 312-329-4193 or email email@example.com.